Leading a project from conception to completion is known as Project Management. The primary goal of project management is to finish a project within the time, money, and quality constraints that have been defined. However, projects have life cycles because they aren’t meant to remain indefinitely.
A Project Management life cycle begins with the start of the project and concludes with the completion or termination of the project in some form. Phases and management of every project are unique as their triple constraints (Time, budget, and quality)may vary and the domain could be different. Many companies spend a lot of time making mistakes and fine-tuning their approach to get it perfect, only to discover that it needs to be tweaked again.
Processes must adapt to changing business demands and goals, new or different people and skills, and evolving or new technology, to name a few. Therefore, establish a fundamental structure for Project Management in your company or team.
Current CAPM Exam Structure
- There are 150 questions on the CAPM exam, 15 of which are pretest questions.
- These will not be factored into your overall score.
- These are used to ensure future exams are valid.
- There are no scheduled breaks during the three-hour exam.
- If you pause for a few moments, the exam clock will continue to tick. Expect to remain sitting for the entire event.
Also, Read – Is Getting a CAPM Certification Worth It?
Changes to The CAPM Examination Pattern in October 2022
However, there will be a change in the CAPM exam pattern from October 2022. The new CAPM exam will be based on the most recent 7th version of the PMBOK Guide, which is a significant upgrade above the 6th edition.
- The PMBOK Guide is now significantly shorter.
- 370 pages in the 7th edition of the PMBOK Guide
- The 6th version of the PMBOK Guide had 975 pages.
- In the revised edition, there is no need to recite all of the ITTOs.
- In addition to standard waterfall project management skills, aspirants will need to study Agile approaches as well as business analysis techniques, both of which are relatively new to CAPM.
- There aren’t many mock exam questions on the market to practice with.
For whatever reason, breaks are not allowed throughout the online proctored test. The exam will end if you leave your workstation. Eating, drinking, smoking, and chewing gum are also prohibited during the exam. Let’s look at the CAPM exam structure now.
People Also Look For – CAPM vs PMP Certification – A Detailed Comparison
CAPM Exam Passing Score
- There are no set passing marks for the CAPM credential exam. However, it is estimated that 61% will ensure your success. Although this is not verified, you should strive for a 70% score.
- There are no set passing marks for this exam. The most crucial aspect is that you must focus on practice test percentages to develop.
- Therefore, you must prepare well to pass this exam. If you want to be sure of your success, you must score at least 70% on the mock exam. The higher your score on the practice exam, the more likely you will succeed.
Also, have a look at CAPM Exam Quiz For Entry Level Project Managers 
Advantages of CAPM Exam
You can obtain CAPM certification to profit from the following advantages:
- Assume you have no prior experience with Project Management. This certificate is appropriate for you because it introduces you to the basics of Project Management and helps in starting your journey as a Project Manager.
- With this qualification, you can prove your skills and knowledge. Having certification helps you in job selection as companies look for certified professionals.
- The PMBOK can assist you in preparing for the CAPM test. This tutorial covers all of the essential and novel ideas you should know. Finally, you will better understand the Subjects, Tools, and Methodologies discussed.
CAPM Exam Pattern
- In the CAPM test, you have three hours to answer 150 questions.
- There are 15 pretest questions mixed in with the multiple-choice questions.
- These 15 questions have no bearing on your final grade. You are allowed to take breaks in between exams.
- You must, however, check the time because you have three hours to answer all of the questions. Therefore, during the exam, you must effectively manage your time.
- Before taking the CAPM exam, you must attend a lesson and complete a survey.
- Both of them will take fifteen minutes to finish. In addition, CAPM practice tests and mock exams are beneficial.
Prerequisite for Certification
Completing 23 hours of education coursework is required. As a result, you must look for a training course offered by well-known institutions. You can also directly complete the 35 hours of education training needed for the PMP. However, it is dependent on your requirements and objectives. You can enroll in an online or in-person training course. In-person classes are more expensive and require more time. The CAPM program will help you prepare for the CAPM test. It includes a CAPM mock test as well as other learning features.
Offering from Techcanvass
Enrolling in Techcanvass CAPM classes will help you comprehend the PMBOK Guide completely. In addition, Project Management topics will be covered. For example, Project Lifecycle, Quality Control, Tools, Philosophies, and Methodologies. This certification course will also help you prepare for the exam. You’ll also pick up a few tips and be able to answer a lot of practice questions to help you grasp things better.
PMI strictly guards the CAPM passing score. It’s also unclear whether all candidates receive the exact final score. As a result, I recommend that you avoid overthinking things and concentrate on your preparation. Because the passing score is unclear, strive for a score of at least 70% on your exam. On the exam, you should be able to answer more than 105 questions correctly.